Saturday, June 14, 2014

形成外科医/surgeon specialized in blepharospasm

最後の砦、信大病院
最初の症状から半年後、2014年4月上旬、ついに形成外科の門をたたき、診察室に入りました。
すると、トレッキングシューズを履き、脳みそと口が直結してる感じの気さくな医者が、私を見てすぐに
「痙攣してる!」
話を聞くと、目の周りの筋肉が痙攣してるとのことでした。同時に、これは薬剤性だろうということで、資料があると教えてもらいました。
診察室の壁には、アンパンマンやメロンパンナちゃん。小さな子ども達も、様々なつらい症状と戦ってるのかと、アンパンマンのテーマを思い出しながら、信大病院を後にしました。

その時の選択肢として、
1、ボトックスという注射を3ヶ月に1度。
2、目の筋肉を取る手術。
3、薬をできる限り減らすこと。

この3つがありましたが、その他にも、この大学病院などでは、試験的な最先端治療もいろいろとあることを教えてもらいました。
フラクショナルレーザーとか言ってたかな?これに関してはうろ覚えですが、色んな治療法が試されているようです。

薬剤性のについて
睡眠薬や安定剤によって、脳が興奮している状態が続き、薬をストップしたところで、治る時、治らない時があるとのこと。それについては、分からないので精神科の主治医と相談にしました。

精神科へ行くと、即、薬を減らすことになりました。これについては、お医者さんの判断によってはなかなか難しいこともあるそうです。私の場合は薬を中止しましたが、相変わらず両目がほとんど開かない日々が続いたり、薬を中止した反動で気分が不安定になったり、苦しい日々が続きました。
やはり、患者さんのことを考えた上での医師の判断なので、ご自身の状況や周囲の方と、希望する治療の優先順位などを相談するのが大事だと思いました。



My last hope, Shinshu University Hospital
Half a year had passed since the first symptom. I went to Shinshu Univ. Hospital to see the eye-lid specialist. It was in the beginning of Apr 2014.
There was a guy with climbing shoes, who seemed super active and very friendly, and he just shouted,
"Its twitching!"
He was the doctor that I was supposed to meet, but seemed his mouth was directly connected to his brain, unlikely to see doctors like him in Japan. He kindly explained me that the muscle around my eyes are twitching which was probably due to the medication. He gave me some digital documents printed, which also explained about blepharospasm.
On the wall, there were several pictures of anime characters. I left his room, thinking about small children and having hope that we'll be okay.

I had three choices;
1)BOTOX injection once in every 3 months
2)surgery for getting rid of part of the muscle around my eyes
3)reducing medication

There're also experimental treatments for medical research depending on where you are, somthing called like fractional leaser, and etc.


Drug induced blepharo
I was told that my brain was stimulated by sleeping pills or stabilizer. In this case, giving up medication might improve the symptom but we never know what it turns out to be.
I immediately went to my psychiatrist's and decided to reduce the medication.
In my case, I was able to quit taking stabilizer; however, it wasn't easy, having my mentally unstable days with darkness without my eyes open.